Monday, April 11, 2011

Components - Word Portraits

For this project I used PowerPoint to create Word Portraits. First I chose different fonts that have a strong "voice" and wrote the word I felt they were portraying.

Font: Lucida Blackletter
For this first Word Portrait I chose a font called Lucida Blackletter. I felt like it looks very Gothic, like something from Camelot. I chose colors that seemed kind of sepia toned for this as well, again to portray an aged feeling.

Font: Herculanum
For the second Word Portrait I chose Herculanum which reminds me of Hercules and mythology. I chose a blue background because when I think of mythology I think of earth, sea and sky, natural things.

The second part of the project was to chose a font and write a word that contradicts the "voice" of the font.

Font: Curlz MT
 For this first one I used Curlz MT, which to me is very girlie and young. I chose to write the font in pink on a purple background because those also scream girlie to me. The word I wrote was Manly because that is very far from being girlie in my mind.

Font: Zapfino
This final Word Portrait is in Zapfino, a very elegant and artsy font to me. I chose to write the word Plain because I don't think it is plain, I think it is far from plain. I used black which is plain and every day for a font color, it is even referred to as "Automatic" in most text writing programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment