Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Composition - Color & Emphasis

Exercise 6
Color

For this project we started with an image. I chose a high heel from stockvault.net.


I opened the shoe in Photoshop and deleted the background copying the picture to a new window. I copied the shoe three times and changed the size of each. I changed the color of the middle shoe to a bright red.



Exercise 7
Past & Present

For this exercise we were to choose a picture of a street scene an change the picture to black and white to make it look old, and then choose one part of the picture to leave in color to make it look current. I chose a picture of a busy intersection on stockvault.net. 


I opened the picture in Photoshop and changed the original photo to black and white using the Adjustments panel.  I then used the magnetic lasso tool to select the yellow bus. I pasted that on the top layer. I used the saturation tool to make the bus a brighter color. I also adjusted the different colors in the black and white layer to make the colors even more different than the yellow bus.


I really enjoyed working on these exercises to use color to emphasize something in the pictures. I especially enjoyed the Past & Present exercise and even tried a couple other pictures.


The original of this picture was not as colorful so it was a little harder to change a colored item and make it stand out. I had to do a lot of changing saturation and colors in black and white. But it is a fun thing to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment